L.A. Lakers (home) vs. Toronto (away)
Current Records: L.A. Lakers 7-1; Toronto 6-2
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers are 0-8 against the Toronto Raptors since November of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap on Sunday. The L.A. Lakers will stay at home another game and welcome Toronto at 9:30 p.m. ET at Staples Center. The L.A. Lakers are coming into the contest hot, having won seven in a row.
The Lakers didn’t have too much trouble with the Miami Heat last week as they won 95-80.
Meanwhile, Toronto strolled past the New Orleans Pelicans with points to spare, taking the game 122-104. Among those leading the charge for Toronto was PF Pascal Siakam, who shot 5 for 10 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 44 points and ten boards.
Their wins bumped the Lakers to 7-1 and the Raptors to 6-2. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Lakers enter the matchup with 46.80% field goal percentage, good for second best in the league. But the Raptors have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 40.60%, which places them first in the league. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center — Los Angeles, California
- TV: Spectrum SportsNet
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a big 10-point favorite against the Raptors.
Toronto have won all of the games they’ve played against L.A. Lakers in the last five years.
- Mar 14, 2019 – Toronto 111 vs. L.A. Lakers 98
- Nov 04, 2018 – Toronto 121 vs. L.A. Lakers 107
- Jan 28, 2018 – Toronto 123 vs. L.A. Lakers 111
- Oct 27, 2017 – Toronto 101 vs. L.A. Lakers 92
- Jan 01, 2017 – Toronto 123 vs. L.A. Lakers 114
- Dec 02, 2016 – Toronto 113 vs. L.A. Lakers 80
- Dec 07, 2015 – Toronto 102 vs. L.A. Lakers 93
- Nov 20, 2015 – Toronto 102 vs. L.A. Lakers 91